Wow, it’s hard to believe, but I have been ‘collecting’ fabrics for Taylor’s costume for a little over a month. Last night, I picked up the final piece – some white satin for the contrast inset (that will lay under the off white lace that I already purchased).
Aside from the 14″ zipper that I keep forgetting to pick up, the grand total for all the fabrics, notions, pattern, and accessories (the roses, paint, etc.) is at $41.67. Everything was purchased 40-50% off (either with regular sales, coupons, etc), which has really helped to keep down the cost. Early next week, I plan on starting a muslin, since this pattern is going to run a bit big on Taylor – and then getting down to business with the real fabric!
Of course, I didn’t stop at buying the satin when I went to the store last night. I also picked up a pattern too – Kwik Sew 3455. I looked in the Big 4, but really didn’t see anything similar to this one. Basically, it’s a close fitting, long sleeved ‘activewear’ top, that has (as Kwik Sew decribes it) forward shoulder seams and “wrap-around” side seams. I also picked up some paint so that I can start my ornaments for the Winter Ornament ALREADY swap. I’ve got my ornaments cleaned and ready to go for this one!
On a completely unrelated sewing note, we’re taking Taylor to her first concert tonight – Raven Symone (Cosby Show, That’s So Raven) is playing at our state fair. It looks like we’ll be dining on turkey legs and fried candy bars this evening!