The fabric that I’ve designated for the Duro style dress has now been cut, so I’m ready to sew!
The ethnic print didn’t wash up as soft as I had hoped. Since it was a cotton, I was counting on it to have a much softer hand – I suppose that will happen over time. I had originally purchased some solid white cotton for the bands and ties of the dress, but after cutting out one band, I could tell that this fabric was not going to work. It was just to plain. I had to run some errands yesterday anyway, so I stopped off to find some new fabric (oh, and I picked up what will be Taylor’s Halloween costume in the process – yes, it’s early, but she starts think about Halloween as soon as school starts). I did find some zebra print fabric that seemed to work well, but decided to come home empty handed. It’s a good thing that I did, because I remembered that I had several yards of a suede-like cheetah print that has been sitting in my stash for quite some time! Needless to say, it will become my new banding fabric. With all that said, I’m off to fire up the sewing machine!