Today I started rummaging through my stash, looking for some sort of material that might work for the dress that I traced from the May issue of Patrones magazine. After playing with all that fabric, I decided that I needed to complete a project.
So, I dug through my pattern stash and came up with Simplicity 5007.
Quite awhile ago, I had attempted making view E – a cute knit tube top finished off with a contrasting bow. It turned out to be a wadder (never buy cheap knit fabric). This time, view G caught my eye – a halter style top that uses a metal ring to hold the strap. As soon as I looked at it, I knew that I needed to use my ‘tahitian tattoo’ spice buttermilk from Emma One Sock.
Overall, this was an extremely easy project to put together, which was exactly what I needed! It also fits pretty well, but the back seems to slip a bit if I’m not wearing a bra. It also is a bit small in length – it probably would skim the waistline of a pair of pants. If I make it again, I will probably lengthen it an inch or so.
I’ve posted a completed project photo on the sidebar – I can’t wait to have an occasion to wear this!