Almost Sewing

It seems like I’m doing everything but sewing lately (tracing patterns, washing & cutting fabric, etc.)! Last night I sat down and cut out 2 swimsuits – one for Taylor and one for myself. Now I’m one step closer to sewing on this project!


I thought that I would start with the bikini pattern first. Taylor chose style A in 2446 – the bikini halter top and boy shorts. I’m not really hot on the idea of little girls wearing bikini tops, especially given how active she is in the water (it’s just waiting to float off), but she really wanted one this year and since I’m making it I thought I would give it a whirl. She chose a brown fabric with white hibiscus flowers with teal and pink strips. It sounds busy, but it’s very cute. I think I might have enough fabric left over to make a takini top.
I am making style B in 2446 for myself. This is similar to the style A top, but has smaller straps that tie around the neck. Right now I have 2 RTW suits that look exactly like the style A top so I’m trying to have something different looking to choose from. I also picked out a brown fabric base, but my flowers has black, orange, white and teal-ish flowers.
I couldn’t get to sewing them up since I didn’t have any brown thread to match up with either of the suits. Since I’m up at school again today and don’t have a chance to get out, I’ve given Bret the task of finding matching thread for both suits (I gave him swatches to work from). I’ll let you know how he does……