I didn’t have a lot of time to work on my jacket today, but I did manage to attach the collar:
Of all the problems that I thought I would run into, the collar was not one of them. But after constructing the collar and attaching it to the jacket, I realized that the collar is HUGE. I spent about 45 minutes fiddling with it to scale it down to a smaller size. I think that I finally have it the way that I want it!
I also started on the banding as well:
I played around with some scrap fabric first and determined that I would make 1 1/2 inch strips and sew them together in 1/2 inch seems to make the banding around the middle (and on the lower part of the sleeves). So far I’ve got 3 attached, so 4 more to go!
I plan on attaching the banding to the jacket, then attach the facing, then bind the entire jacket. WHEW!