I’m feeling pretty good toningt – instead of scouring the internet for a new pattern to use for one of my Emma One Sock fabrics (she’s got new ones out today, I refreained from ordering more), I went to my Burda World of Fashions instead. So far everything I’ve found is a tank and I think that I would like something with a cap sleeve. I guess tomorrow I’ll go back through and see what strikes me. Now if I could get in the right frame of mind to trace these patterns off!
UPDATE: Well now I’m just stuck as to what project I should start next. I have so much pretty fabric and so many patterns picked out I don’t know what I should cut into. Should it be the Jalie T with the Moulin Rouge Fabric? The Jalie Cross-over top with the faces print and contrasting bands? Or a Burda tank with onionskin? I’m wishing May Burda would arrive today so I could get a closer look at this top – I’m thinking that the Tahitian Tatoo would look great made into this!
It’s not very often that I decide to make all the patterns included in an envelope. With Jalie 2568 (camisole & panties), I thought that it might be a good idea to test them all out and see what I think of each style. I used an absolutely wonderful cottonlycra jersey in white for everything (except for the Brazilian hipster which requires 6″ lace or larger). Yes, it’s boring, but you can never have too many pairs of white underwear, especially after Easter, when you can wear white pants whenever you want. Plus the fabric feels so good next to my skin.
Today I hit the sale at Joann’s and here’s my haul:
One of the reasons that I purchased Tease : Inspired T-shirt Transformations by Superstars of Art, Craft, and Design was for the button down t-shirt instructions (which are incredibly easy). And today, I finished my version!
After mulling it over all day, I finally broke down and purchased two more Jalie patterns – 2447 and 2446. I’m going to try to stop by Needle Nook Fabrics tomorrow and see what they have in the way of swimsuit fabric – if I can’t find anything then I’ve decided that I’m going to get the 5 lb. bag of remnants off of ebay.
I decided now that my jacket is complete, I need to focus back onto my Burda Easy Fashion magazine. I would really like for the tunic top to work out, so this time I traced the smallest size (last time I made the 36) and am eliminating the seam allowances. I’ll be making another muslin to test this out!
I find that when I sew up a storm, I neglect housework. Consequently, I spent the day catching up on cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. To reward myself for all my hard work, I stopped by a few fabric stores.
I played secretary today at my daughter’s school (answered phones, took lunch money, etc.) – so in between duties, I surfed the web (boy was it slow). I came across this site: One Hat Per Week for 52 Weeks. Her latest hat was also taped for a series on DIY
It reminds me of a similar theme (and also a favorite haunt) – Dress a Day. Except Dress A Day is more bloggie.
Well, I really just got lazy. I spent the rest of the morning working on the sleeves and decided that I really, really didn’t want to make my own bias binding. I did that for my original Hot Patterns Wrapture Jacket and while it looked good, it was quite a bit of work. I was also afraid that the twill I was using would create too much bulk. So, I broke down and purcsed a package of bias tape. Several hours later I had completed my Anthropologie Geranium Sweater Jacket look-alike!
I’m going to post a full review over at Pattern Review tonight – I’ll post a link incase anyone wants further information on how to make this jacket.
UPDATE I posted a review of the pattern on PR tonight. Here’s a link with more info on the changes I made to the jacket.
Inspiration: Anthropologie’s Sweater Jacket
Pattern: Simplicity 4230 (View A modified)
Jacket: Red and White floral stretch twill from Hancock Fabrics
Red stretch twill from Joann Fabrics
Inspriation list price……..$118.00
Materials & Cost:
I woke up this morning to golf ball size hail hitting the house, my body ached from Saturday’s softball practice (and a bit of golf on Sunday), and the phone has not stopped ringing this morning – it’s definately a Monday!
I’m determined to finish up this jacket tonight (I’ll post when I’m done). I trimmed off the excess fabric in the banding area in an attempt to soften it up a bit. I’m now working on the sleeves – let’s hope all goes well!